Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dude Hall of Fame Inductee: Jose Lima



During the late 1990s, Lima-Time was party time for the Astros and the Dudes. As the brash and flamboyant Astros hurler piled up wins and strikeouts, he also won over the Committee. The Dude introduced the exclamation, "It's gonna be Lima Time!" to the rest of the dudes; and soon, all good times became, well, Lima Time!!!

A strike at the lanes?? It's Lima Time!!

A hole in one on the cheese hole?? It's Lima Time!!

Of course, an Astros win in the playoffs?? It's Lima Time!!

And a Rangers win in the playoffs?? Wait, nevermind, that never happened.

Even when Lima Time became longball time when the Astros moved into then-Enron Field, the dudes always remembered the magic of Lima Time during his prime in 98-99.

For bringing laughter and life into the dudes' lives, the Dude Committee proudly honors Jose Lima as an unanimous member of the Dude Committee Hall of Fame.

3 comments:

Head Dude said...

Hmmm, Lima Time also seems to have been a bit of a fantasy time for the Dude. But he did lead to one of the greatest moments ever in dude history -- Beargate. Somewhere out there, Liana Rose still weeps.

ThadisRad said...

Yes, whenever I think of Lima Time, I think of the Devil (Jessica Moulton) interrogating me in the back room about what happened to the bear. My stoic performance should have earned me a cool "tight lips" mafia nickname, but oh well...

In hind sight, that really was a jackass thing for the dude to do... but I still laugh thinking about it.

ThadisRad said...

Yes, whenever I think of Lima Time, I think of the Devil (Jessica Moulton) interrogating me in the back room about what happened to the bear. My stoic performance should have earned me a cool "tight lips" mafia nickname, but oh well...

In hind sight, that really was a jackass thing for the dude to do... but I still laugh thinking about it.