Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rare Dude Artifact


Well, in an effort to steer this blog away from high-stakes gambling, I want to tell you about a special iten I received in the mail Friday afternoon. The return address was from Dude Legend Jon Huntley, and when I opened it up, I saw an original letter-to-the-editor from his days at The Chronic (not the newspaper clip, but the actual letter). From February 1999, it was an endorsement letter from the women's hoops team promoting some DSG candidate. Stapled to the letter was a sheet with 14 autographs; yes, I am now in possession of autographs of the original Journey that brought us all together. Hilary Howard, Nicole Erickson, Michele VanGorp, Jenn Forte, Janee Hayes... they're all here! If ever the dudes have a museum, I think this is the first item to go under six-inch-thick bullet-proof glass.

Oh, and since I was out of town during the Romo fiasco, I just want to say I hope this puts to rest all Brady-Romo comparisons. When Brady fumbled in his first big playoff game, he had the decency to do so in a fashion that would allow the play to be overturned due to an obscure rule no one had ever heard of. Romo, meanwhile, is a pathetic impostor. Phillip Rivers, you're next!

7 comments:

Head Dude said...

Wow, Jenn Forte. I remember doing a profile on her when she was a high school senior and destined for greatness. Didn't turn out so well. I'd agree that the letter is kind of like the Committee's Constitution.

Undude, it's always great to have you (and Tylwalk) on the blog, and may the dude and I encourage you to come back more.

vwz said...

Undude, I better not see that autographed page on eBay, like, for example, this Tony Romo collectible!!

Welcome back Undude, this here blog is friendly... And Izzy and I do, on occasion, discuss things other than high stakes gambling...

well actually, knowing how good the Rockets are, it's not really gambling, it's profit-making, for me and my candidate!!

vwz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vwz said...

Sorry, I deleted the last comment because it was grammatically incoherent. In any case, because Huntley had kept this artifact around, I would propose that he be nominated for induction in the Dude Committee Hall of Fame during the next round of voting.

Head Dude said...

Undoubtedly!

Anonymous said...

posts like this make me wonder if it is such a good thing to have you guys endorsing my new blog.

-BK

vwz said...

BK,
Go back to defending a conniving liar like Nick Saban, who has been an overpaid, miserable failure in his last two seasons...