Friday, February 16, 2007

The Franchise Makes Incredibly Generous Offer to Mavs Owner!

I'll admit that I don't read Blog Maverick as often as I should, so I decided to catch up on all of Cuban's recent posts today. Good stuff as always... until I got to this paragraph from his post about the future of P2P technologies...

The premise of the technically is to break up files into pieces and distribute those pieces on to the PCs of end users who have downloaded the BitTorrent type client. Then when a user requests the file to be delivered or streamed to them, rather than having to go to a host server, a tracker determines where all the file pieces are, and defines how the user reassembles them into a copy of the original on his or her computer as a file or a stream.
Thats the very, very simplific explanation of how it works.
Eh, perhaps if you are a multi-billionaire you can make up as many words as you wish, but simplific is not a word!

Fortunately, I have a very simple solution to prevent things like this from happening in the future: on behalf of the Committee, I officially offer the services of the Dudes to Blog Maverick. If hired, Morgan and I will scan new posts for fabricated words, then the legal arm of the Committee will file trademark paperwork for anything we dig up. And this service will come at a bargain price of, say, $1 million annually to be split evenly among the Dudes.

Damn generous if you ask me.

6 comments:

vwz said...

You may have also missed that "The premise of the technically . . . " makes no grammatical sense either (though, obviously, he meant "technology"). But proof-reading services for only a little over $1,000 a day?? I think you're selling our services short here. Let's not forget that we've all been sports editors or associate sports editors; tylwalk's done extensive free lance work; neal teaches english for crissakes; and joel looks at corporate merger & acquisition agreements all day and has plenty of experience working for really wealthy people... It stands to reason that we shouldn't offer our services to Cuban for anything less than $1 million a year; which is about 1/10 of what he paid Raef Lafrentz to do nothing, btw.

The Franchise said...

Original post now edited after Weitao pointed out Cuban's grammatical error and made us seem even more qualified than I already thought we were...

Head Dude said...

But here's the question: do you think Cuban's poor use of grammer is just a deliberate attempt to add to his image? It's as if he's saying, I can write something brilliant in about 7 minutes, and sure, I may type the wrong word a few times, or forget a comma, but I have to use the other 23 hours, 53 minutes of my day making my next billion and running on the treadmill before Mavs games, so this is all the time I have to share my genius with the world.

On an unrelated note, if the NBA all-star game starts being played in Vegas annually, I think we need to attend.

The Franchise said...

I'm not sure the game will be in Vegas every year, but by the next time it goes back (say in three or four years), you and Weitao will be worth millions, while Neal and I will be worth... eh, substantially less, but I'd say we should definitely make it a point to be there.

ThadisRad said...

Joel, is your inability to spell the word "grammar" a deliberate ploy to enhance your image, or were you too busy thinking about how to enhance your six-figure salary to take the time to spell-check?

Head Dude said...

Wait a second Undude, don't tell me Weitao's shenanigans have gotten to your head?
Though I must admit, the mistake was ironic (and unintentional).