Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hayden Panetierre Update


For those of you anxiously waiting a DudeSpin update on Heroes teen actress Hayden Panetierre after Joel's disclosure of his visit later this week with Hayden's personal assistant, you're in luck. DudeSpin favorite Anya Sostek again checks in with an update on Hayden, apparently: she "has tons of Duke connections. Her grandfather, or great-grandfather was dean of the law school and there's a wing named after him (so she said on the Today Show... she'll be attending Santa Monica College, but apparently there was family pressure to go to Duke instead... no word on whether she actually applied)."


So Hayden, if you are reading this blog, drop DudeSpin a line and tell us whether you actually applied and why you declined to go. One thing that has always troubled me about Duke is that despite the school's okay reputation and relative long history, it has an incredibly dearth of famous alumni relative to our peer institutions. I had Ken Starr's son in my UWC class; and of course, the Undude and I had Jason Williams in the best class we ever took at Duke (thanks Yak!). But for some reason, the Natalie Portman, Chelsea Clinton and, now, Hayden Panatierres of the world never seems to want to come to Duke. If I were running the admissions committee, I'd start writing letters to Malia Obama right about now.
Stay tuned for a DudeSpin update on Hayden after Joel's visit.

9 comments:

Head Dude said...

I don't recall a Panetteere wing at the law school.

Anonymous said...

sometimes people's grandfathers' have different last names than they do. Either that or she was lying on national television. Hopefully you can dust off your reporting skills and get to the bottom of this.

Anonymous said...

I chose not to go to Duke because I am afraid of every single male who plays sports and lives off campus. Do you see how hot I am? I stnad no chance of survival among those monsters.

And yes, my grandfather did have a different last name from mine.

--Hayden

The Franchise said...

If only that was actually Hayden, DudeSpin readership would skyrocket! Since it's not, I'm safe to say this:

Hey "Hayden": Heroes sucks!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you suck, Franchise. The only thing creepier than Duke athletes, in my book, are people who reported on Duke athletes at the Chronicle. Yuck.

And by the way, Heroes destroys wrestling every single week.

--Hayden

vwz said...

Wow, Hayden Panetierre cared enough about us to track down who we were and what we did in college?!

I had no idea DudeSpin wielded this much power!

The Franchise said...

Hey "Hayden," I've got news for you: wrestling will still be the number one rated show on cable five years from now, while Heroes will be off the air and you'll probably be sharing a room at rehab with Britney Spears!

Plus your show is about to get its rear end handed to it in the ratings once Dancing With the Stars starts back up in March...

And finally, Chronicle sports reporters are less creepy than lax players any day of the week because we didn't need to hire sketchy strippers who can't get their stories straight to get girls...

Anonymous said...

Hey "Franchise" - my brother told me to tell you that Shane Douglas from 1997 called and he wants his nickname back.

And by the way, there is no need to ever enter rehab when your body automatically heals itself when something goes wrong. Duh.

--Hayden

Head Dude said...

Unfortunately, "Hayden", if memory serves, you don't have a brother.