Friday, February 02, 2007

The Price of Championships

To once again direct attention away from horses, I'd like to draw the dudes' attention to an eye-opening story in the NY Times today about Ted Johnson, former Patriots captain and middle linebacker, who is now suffering from the early symptoms of Alzheimer's, at the age of 34. He directs the blame partly to the Modified Sweatshirt, who went against Johnson's doctor's orders and made him practice in full-contract drills despite the fact that Johnson was still suffering from a concussion. This is, of course, yet another reason to root against the Patriots and the Modified Sweatshirt.

3 comments:

The Franchise said...

That is a story worth reading, and since the New York Times now signs my checks, I say go read the hell out of it!

In all seriousness though, I've been waiting for reasons to dislike the Modified Sweatshirt other than his sideline dress and his "we can win with any Arena League rejects" attitude. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of someone's health...

Anonymous said...

I think the greatest thing about the Modified Sweatshirt is this: he keeps his challenge flag stuffed down in his sock. Quite similar to where a 10 year-old put his money while riding a bike.

Anonymous said...

that was from me, fellas.

--bk