Thursday, February 08, 2007

Shavlik Randolph - Probably Didn't Help to Paint the East-West Bridge Pink

From a Yahoo! Sports story about the coming out of John Amaechi...

----
Injured Philadelphia Sixers forward Shavlik Randolph acknowledged it's a new situation.

"As long as you don't bring your gayness on me I'm fine," Randolph said. "As far as business-wise, I'm sure I could play with him. But I think it would create a little awkwardness in the locker room."
----

First, I have no idea why they interviewed a borderline NBA player like Shavlik Randolph... Second, very enlightened of Shavlik to think that "gayness" can be "brought" upon someone... Third, very humbling of Shavlik to think that a gay player would find an oaf like himself attractive... Shame on you Shavlik, Shame on you... Stop making ridiculously stupid quotes, and go back to doing what you do best - fouling people and wasting your potential.

8 comments:

Head Dude said...

The writer probably needed a quote during a game, and given that Shav was back in the locker room rehabbing, must've made for an easy target.
I shall vow from here on out not to let another human being bring his gayness on me.

vwz said...

This reminds me of the one time when Joel took me on a walking tour through West Hollywood. I now realize that he was trying to bring his gayness to me. But, even as a younger 2L, I knew I would have none of it and decided to slap the balloons out of the hand of the balloon artist with whom Joel was cavorting.

Head Dude said...

Ha! I forgot all about that gay clown -- he kept wanting to pinch our nipples, especially Weitao's. I think the clown was a fan of Munger Tolles.

Anonymous said...

Do I need to chime in with some Vic stories from our trip to New Orleans? They could be appropriate under this topic - if you know what I mean.

--BK

Head Dude said...

Start chiming...

Anonymous said...

Seeing Vic in drag on Bouron St. is not the most pleasant sight for the eyes. I still am not sure what he did, though, to get all those beads.

--BK

ThadisRad said...

This is rapidly becoming the most horrifying Dude Post ever...

ThadisRad said...

And at least Grant Hill redeemed Duke's good name a bit...