Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What the Bleep?!


Now, there's all sorts of talk that the Patriots' run at the top of the NFL is coming to an end, but until now, I've refused to believe it. But now, there's unequivocal proof that the Patriots are finished. For some unknown reason, and Lord knows I will never be able to explain this one, the Patriots have hired Duke's offensive coordinator.

Now I love Thad Lewis as much as the next guy, but I am a little disturbed to think that The Hooded Sweatshirt might one day seek counsel from the same man who has led Duke Football through so many abysmal Saturdays in Wallace Wade Stadium. Somehow Bill O'Brien has hit the coaching jackpot, Duke's out an offensive coordinator (weeks after Roof named himself defensive coordinator), and the Patriots will be running a lot of 3rd-and-long draws.

This is a strange world indeed.

1 comment:

Head Dude said...

Weitao and I read that together and both thought it was a joke.
I guess we shouldn't be surprised next year when the Patriots start drafting guys like Jomar Wright and Nick Stefanow.