Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Athlete of the Week Candidates

If it's Tuesday, it must be Athlete of the Week candidate announcement time. This week's candidates are:

(1) Jason Richardson: this Golden State Warrior scored 16 points Monday night to help propel his team to a 117-100 victory over the Dallas Mavericks, ending Dallas's 17 game winning streak.

(2) Al Harrington: this Golden State Warrior scored 16 points Monday night to help propel his team to a 117-100 victory over the Dallas Mavericks, ending Dallas's 17 game winning streak.

(3) Andris Biedrins: this Golden State Warrior scored 16 points Monday night to help propel his team to a 117-100 victory over the Dallas Mavericks, ending Dallas's 17 game winning streak.

(4) Stephen Jackson: this Golden State Warrior scored 16 points Monday night to help propel his team to a 117-100 victory over the Dallas Mavericks, ending Dallas's 17 game winning streak.

(4) Mikael Pietrus: this Golden State Warrior scored 20 points Monday night to help propel his team to a 117-100 victory over the Dallas Mavericks, ending Dallas's 17 game winning streak.

As usual, vote for your favorite, or better yet, nominate your own. In a particularly light week for sports, my choices were limited... My vote goes to Jason Richardson

4 comments:

Head Dude said...

I don't know. Seems the Brazilian blur scoring 32 in the Suns' trashing of Houston gets my vote. Of course, it took more than Barbosa to hold the league's "most dominant center" to one field goal.

The Franchise said...

If Head Dude can nominate a horse, I can nominate a fictional character... especially since this week's nominees are a sham designed to perpetuate the Mavs-Rockets feud that half of the DudeSpin staff cares nothing about!

So for saving the life of a (fictional) U.S. Marshal and sacrificing his own (though also fictional), my nominee is the original and greatest man to carry the shield as Captain America, Steve Rogers. Rest in (fictional) peace Cap!

Grizzly said...

Do any of you kids ever post articles form my blog on Duke sites? I just was on a Duke message board and saw a link to my "how to beat Duke" article. Figured it was one of you characters.

I tried to redeem myself with my rant on Eddy Landreth, though.

ThadisRad said...

Well, I know when we next meet, Team USA will be honoring the fallen hero the best way we know how: by kicking your ass in mini golf!

Though part of me thinks he got what he deserved when disagreeing with the president. Our president is always right!