Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blurred Vision


The result wasn't shocking; Vision players coming up short in the clutch, and unable to stop opposing guards from getting whatever they wanted; what was surprising was how quickly I got over this loss. In past years, I would sit there numb after Duke bows out of the tournament for hours, trying to figure out what happened. I remember walked around in a haze after the 2004 loss to UConn for days on end. After this one, however, I moved on after 20 seconds. We would be kidding ourselves to think that the Vision could have come back on Saturday and beaten Pittsburgh after running Paulus and McRoberts ragged for nearly all 80 minutes Thursday night.
On a side note, I took this photo from the front page of ESPN after the game; what in the world is up with cutting off the dude's head in the photo? I know that DudeSpin's favorite photogs Aliza Goldman and/or Kelli Sheran wouldn't have done that.
Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, and Taylor King;
You can see that the Vision needs much for ring;
We look forward to the clarity that you can bring.

3 comments:

The Franchise said...

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Committee, I have to sheepishly say that I picked VCU in all three of the bracket pools I'm in, hedging my bets in case this happened.

The headline on MSN.com when I logged into my computer said "Duke Stunned." Um, not if you watched us play the rest of the season.

Head Dude said...

When my flight took off from JFK some 12 hours ago, it was halftime, and there was hope across the land. But I actually had a dream on the plane that we lost, so that took some of the sting out of checking the score when we landed and seeing 79-77. I hope to never have to "watch" a Duke tourney game that way again -- I stared at the score for about 40 seconds, to make sure I wasn't misreading it. And while I was assuming I'd get to my hotel and watch at least the highlights on ncaasports.com, they don't allow viewings outside the U.S.!! Fortunately DudeSpin has no such policy.
Good-day from the motherland, dudes.

ThadisRad said...

Never fear Franchise, I too picked VCU in my brackets as well. This was the least shocking upset in recent memory, and, well, like the dude said, didn't leave me very upset (great pun!)

Stay out of danger, head dude