Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Athlete of the Week Candidates

Here are you candidates for the week of 4/10/2007.

(1) Daisuke Matsuzaka: In a shameless effort to get the Undude to care about the blog again, I salute Dice-K's stellar 1st start in apple pie country, limiting the Royals to 1 run over 7 innings and striking out ten.

(2) Jesus: In another shameless effort to get the Undude to care about the blog again, I salute his Savior. Jesus resurrected himself on Sunday and won the Masters. I know what you're thinking - didn't some guy named Zach Johnson win the Masters??? Not according to Mr. Johnson - "This being Easter, Jesus was with me every step. I felt him. It was awesome."

(3) Devin Hester: The Bears kick returner earned the distinction of being the 1st player ever to earn a 100 for his speed rating. What's even better is what he said about that honor - "That's just about the best thing you could have told me. It's an honor -- I don't know what to say, really." We're in a different era dudes - athletes caring about their virtual representations.

It's tough to go against Jesus, but in another shameless effort to get the Undude to care about the blog again, I vote for Dice-K.

2 comments:

Head Dude said...

I can't bring quite bring myself to vote for Dice-K, since his effort, albeit impressive, came against the worst team in baseball. I'll await the next start for further judgment.
I'd like to cast my vote for Kevin Durant, not only for winning Player of the Year this week, but this morning all UT-bashers can breathe a deep sigh of relief as it appears he'll be turning pro, and thus saving us from a top-five Texas team next season.

The Franchise said...

My vote is for Hester, because that 100 speed rating is unprecedented in Madden and because his return feats last season made guys like Ted Ginn Jr. and Darrelle Revis a lot more money in this year's NFL draft...