Sunday, April 08, 2007

Fred Goldsmith - Wiki-fied!!

Taking umbrage at Wikipedia's lack of coverage for our beloved former head coach Fred Goldsmith, I made my 1st edits into Wikipedia this morning. First, I added a link at the top for the football coach we know and love into the page for another Fred Goldsmith. Then I beefed up and umm... editorialized a bit on the entry for our Fred Goldsmith; in addition, I also added an external link to a Head Dude column.

Perhaps the Dudes could be the stewards of this page, and continue to add bits and pieces to it. In researching for the article, I discovered that Fred, as of last November, has returned to college coaching!! Fred is now the head coach of Lenoir-Rhyne College, a division II school, in Hickory, NC. Well, if that's not something straight out of Hoosiers, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Head Dude said...

Damn, that still stands as one compelling piece of journalism. And who was right in the end, Alleva or me? Surely by now that's a rhetorical question.