Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ducks in the Stanley Pond!



Look at all the happy Ducks!! Teemu, Niedermeyer, Todd Marchant!! Lord Stanley's Cup awaits.

Tonight, I found a new reason to dislike the Wings - Todd Bertuzzi. I had no idea the NHL allowed him to play again after he tried to kill Steve Moore. Obviously, I don't root for Bertuzzi for the same reason I don't root for O.J. Simpson.

Franchise must've known that things weren't looking up when Niedermeyer scored the first goal of the game with his back to the goal. Maybe next year, Franchise.

3 comments:

Head Dude said...

You know what I find most remarkable? The Dude just watched his first (and only) few games of the NHL season for the sole purpose of rooting against another dude. Don't claim it's some passion for the Ducks -- I find it unlikely that you've watched the Ducks any other time this year, and equally unlikely that you'll be tuning in for the Cup Finals. Just unfortunate.

The Dude said...

Oh! For chrissakes! I will be watching the Stanley Cup. I'm not sure who Ottawa has on their team besides Alexei Yashin and Shawn McEachern, but I know their President Roy Mloker goes on the Rome show all the time to get Jungle Karma. So the Ducks will have to get past both Yashin and the Karma over the next two weeks - a tall task that demands my support!

I think Wings fans can lay the blame for this series loss directly at the feet of the famed -ovs line. As far as I can tell, the feared Federov, Larionov, Kozlov et al. combined for 0 points this series for the Wings - INEXCUSABLE!

The Franchise said...

I am disappointed of course, but you have to hand it to the Ducks. They have a nice blend of skill and toughness, they found a way to win two games in which they were largely outplayed, and J-S Giguere is cementing his rep as a big time playoff goalie. The two hottest teams are meeting for the Stanley Cup, which is as it should be... even if no one will be watching!

The Wings will be back contending next year, assuming we find a goalie and Lidstrom doesn't retire. And even if you don't like them, if you don't enjoy watching Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk play, you just don't like hockey...