Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Since Someone Else Brought Up Ducks-Red Wings...

... I'd like to thank Anaheim for failing to show up (at home!) for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals. Now the Wings stand just two wins away from another chance to play for Lord Stanley's cup.

Alas, Rob Neidermayer tried to do his best Rob Horry imitation with his high cheap shot from behind on Tomas Holmstrom. Not that any of our opponents will shed any tears for the Demolition Man, but be sure the NHL will be watching that tape again.

4 comments:

Head Dude said...

Tomas Holmstrom's still playing? Isn't he about 53 years old?

The Dude said...

I think Todd Marchant is also still playing.

My Ducks are going to be back. My most recent issue of SI tells me that undersized center Andy McDonald is a force to be reckoned with - so don't think that Yzerman is the only superstar centering the top line in this series...

The Franchise said...

Hilarious Dude. Because I know you know that Stevie Y retired! It's OK though, as Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg are giving the Ducks fits...

The Dude said...

I can't believe the NHL suspended Pronger. I saw the replay, and it looks like Tomas Holmstrom just fell down when Pronger skated by him.