Sunday, June 17, 2007

Proof that Golf Isn't a Sport?


The man on the right (who wouldn't be able to find a gym with a GPS system) beat the man on the left Sunday afternoon.
Tiger, who apparently asked Nike to find his customary Sunday red shirt from GapKids, couldn't find a birdie down the stretch (if by stretch we mean the last 14 holes). As a result, the guy who seems to live at the gym and the range lost to a guy who must've gone through 2 packs of Marlboros on the back nine. I'm not sure what Angel is saying here, or why he's wearing that incredibly knarly medal I received for winning Number Sense back in 7th grade. It's probably went something like this, "you might be able to bench 250 lbs, but you can't lift this trophy. Hahaha!!" Tiger's retort might be, "Oh yeah? My net worth is still about a billion more than yours."
Maybe next time, Tiger. Might want to pick up a smoking habit in the interim.

7 comments:

Head Dude said...

I don't think Cabrera looks that bad, in comparison to contemporaries like John Daly and Craig Stadler. And doesn't Tiger look like he has man boobs?

The Dude said...

I think there's a difference between pectoral muscles and man boobs... Also, I was remarking more on Cabrera's chain-smoking habit rather than his paunch.

SportsGal said...

I spent a good hour and a half yesterday puzzling over the line between pecs and man boobs. Bottom line was that Tiger's shirt was too tight. As for Cabrera, I'd like to point out the picture of this guy in the ol' Pittsburgh Post-Gazette... makes Cabrera look like Andy Roddick's body double.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07166/794355-382.stm
(enlarge the photo... I swear it wasn't even 80 degrees here the day that photo was taken...)

The Franchise said...

My brother Max is working for Bayer this summer in Pittsburgh and was manning the company's hospitality tent as a runner during the tournament. On Saturday, he called my parents to report that he had seen Tiger up close, and his first thought was, "He looks like he's on 'roids."

Golf Mania said...

hey guys, there's been some talk on here about The Simple Golf Swing

I purchased this book about a month ago. What a difference it has made in my swing and my game. The improvement was significant.
Where were you years ago? I highly recommend this book on a Simple Swing to anyone that has difficulty hitting the ball straight.

You can try it for yourself at http://bit.ly/bkxCl5

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

NHAM44 said...

Tiger benches 315, squats 405, and works out daily when not in a tourney...