- Undude made sweet time driving from North Carolina, but transposed the digits to The Franchise's house number and ended up looking for a house that did not exist. He also failed to record The Franchise's new cellphone number, leading to him making several fruitless phone calls to an unidentified female. He did arrive relatively unscathed a short time later after a self-guided tour of scenic Hummelstown - recently voted the 61st best town in the USA!
- Undude became the first DudeSpin staffer to meet the Little Franchisette, and it was discovered that he can communicate with her in her own language.
- Dinner was held at a local Damon's in celebration of a longtime Committee tradition, with Undude picking up the tab over The Franchise's protests.
- More tradition was observed as a round of mini golf was played at nearby Willowood. Despite its proximity to The Franchise's house (about two minutes by car), he has played the course sparingly and held little advantage. The challenging 21-hole course tested Undude early, and after 10 holes, he was standing at an even par 33 while The Franchise was sitting pretty with a sizzling nine-under 24. Determined to undo his reputation for late-round choking, Undude mounted a fearsome charge that left him just one stroke back with two holes to play. Alas, he couldn't finish the rally, and the final scores looked like this: Franchise 62 (-8), Undude 65 (-5).
- A possible new Dude tradition began in the Willowood arcade as the battle was joined in air hockey and skeeball. Franchise swept the best-of-three air hockey series and won the lone game of skeeball, leaving the Undude still in search of a 'W.'
- The final competitive moments of the evening proved equally frustrating for Undude, as NHL 2006 on GameCube led to another string of defeats. He was able to force a shootout in the final game of the night, but lost 2-1 to wrap up his winless night.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Highlights from Central PA DudeSpin Mini-Editorial Conference
As requested from other members of the DudeSpin staff, here are some highlights from the recent Undude-Franchise mini-editorial conference held in Hummelstown, PA: