Friday, August 03, 2007

Awesome Announcing

Those who know me will be stunned that I'm posting something related to the X-Games - considering how often I rail against ESPN's over-the-top and unnecessary coverage of young people doing ridiculously stupid things. But someone sent me this, and of course, videos like this draw an audience for the same reason that train wrecks draw audiences. This video, however, is remarkable not for the move the skater performs (something called a 720, I haven't quite figured out what that means yet) but rather the apparent potheaded who is announcing this for ESPN.
So to set the stage: the skaters completes a move called the 720, and while going into his next moves, loses control and falls about 60 feet to the pavement. So this guy just fell from about a 5 story building, is lying motionless on the ground, and the announcer says, I kid you not, "Whoa, I can't believe he hit a 720."

Do they test X-Games announcers for drugs?

1 comment:

ThadisRad said...

Don't worry, they have the best medical staff in the business. The business of X-TREME doctoring! The footage was grainy, but I'm pretty sure one of the docs reconnected some tendons with a shoelace and stapler. That's X-TREME!