Monday, October 29, 2007

It's Time to Show Some Class, Dude

Maybe it's because the only other team to win last night was the Rangers, when A-Rod decided to opt out, or maybe it's because for one game I enjoyed watching the Patriots beat the crap out of the Redskins, or maybe it's just the recognition that the Red Sox proved themselves the best team, but in the end, Boston winning again didn't bother me as much as I thought -- they're really sticking it to the Yankees, which I don't mind, and at least Curt Limbaugh Schilling didn't play as big a role as '04. So Congratulations, Undude. With Indy coming up next week, these are heady times in Massachusetts.

4 comments:

The Dude said...

Head Dude reminds me of Kurt Angle - they always want to appear as if they're taking the high road, when they're just as dirty and cheap as every other person.

Head Dude said...

I'm kind of like George W. Bush in the 2000 Republican primary -- I have an extremist on the far right flanking me so that I still appear to be moderate to the masses. In Bush's case, he had many crackpots like Gary Bauer and Alan Keyes, in my case, I have the Dude.
I guess the way I look at it, Boston's a good liberal city with fans as passionate as any in baseball. And sure, they bought this title, but ... well, at least the Yankees are headed downhill!

The Dude said...

Mitt Romney has the same advantages this time around - he keeps getting outflanked on the right by Hillary Clinton!

The Franchise said...

I, on the other hand, always said I'd tip my hat to the Sox. Well played Undude's Team!

Football is a different matter. Almost every day I wish a defensive player would break Brady's leg, and I can't even think of a fate bad enough for the Pats' evil coach...