Monday, December 10, 2007

Dude News and Notes

1. So now Alleva appears to be casting his net towards a comparable football program and a coach with a 20-50 career record. Now going 5-7 in the SEC isn't bad, especially for Vandy, but does this make sense for either Johnson or Duke? Methinks not really. I do gather though that by searching further, Alleva must not be sold on Broadway.

2. While Broadway was out searching for a new coach, South Carolina was out to see Oprah. Now I don't know the total population of the Palmetto State, but 30,000 has to be a significant percentage. I must say, after originally starting in favor of Obama, and then infamously shifting to Hillary for a few months, the tide is starting to pull me back to Obama a little bit. You hear too many independents and Republicans say they'd never vote for Hillary, but would consider Obama, and maybe that needs to mean something more.

9 comments:

The Dude said...

So that makes it two for two that I've been right on debates I've had with Head Dude:

(1) Whether Barack can mount a challenge to Hillary in the primaries; and
(2) Whether Golden State can beat Dallas.

I was previously a believer in Head Dude's infallibility, especially with the Gold Star and all; but where have all my heroes gone?

Head Dude said...

Don't get me wrong Dude, I think the jury's still out if Obama can mount a successful challenge. But I do think he's made enough of a recovery to think there's a chance. Of course, when Gore endorsed Dean four years ago this week, pundits thought the nomination was decided, so I'm cautious as to what the Oprah effect will truly mean.

The Dude said...

if you have the audacity of hope; there's no trepedation of caution

ThadisRad said...

All I know is that Oprah gives teachers free cars and Obama guarantees a $100,000/year salary, so I know who I'm voting for!

The Dude said...

anyone else find it humorous that our "poll question" has registered 2 votes for Tony Romo??? Folks, this "poll" isn't like other polls in that it has a correct answer!!

Head Dude said...

Apparently Undude logged on from both work and home to vote.

The Franchise said...

Some people just don't like Romo, I guess!

Also, my brother informed me that the polls will sometimes allow multiple voted from the same IP address if you just wait a couple of days. So it's possible Undude could still register a few more votes for Romo before voting closes!

ThadisRad said...

Actually dude, this is still a poll question that we may not know the answer to. I believe that we know about all of Tom Brady's kids and he is involved in their upbringing. I believe that Tony Romo has sired many children, but he is too sleazy to aknowledge it, and the masses don't really care, because he only sleeps with idiots instead of international supermodels.

The Dude said...

Did Undude just make one of the most boo-worthy comments ever?!?!?


BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!