Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Welcome to H-Town, Tejada!

I know only half of the committee cares, but I couldn't pass up a chance to mention that Miguel Tejada is on his way to the Astros. Yes, he's coming off of a less than impressive season, so here's hoping that it was really due to disinterest playing for the Triple-A team masquerading as a Major League team in Baltimore. I figure he'll give us at least two good seasons before he gets disenchanted in Houston!

All joking aside, I didn't mind trading for a guy who's fourth all-time in homers as a shortstop, even if he's a big defensive downgrade from Adam Everett. He's only 31, so if he actually, you know, tries, I'd bet he's not quite ready for the fork to be stuck in his back. I'm happy Ed Wade is at least trying to do something, and the lineup is likely to look a lot different with Michael Bourn and Kaz Matsui batting 1-2 and Tejada in an RBI slot (fifth?).

Now the question is, will we have any pitching? Dude, what say you?

3 comments:

Head Dude said...

In a division where about 83 wins gets you into the playoffs, who needs pitching?!

In other news, the Rangers just signed Ben Broussard ... which means the Mike Lamb reunion has been shelved. Unfortunately Lambo was low on our priority list ... just like he was 7 years ago when we got rid of him.

The Dude said...

Pitching is going to be a huge question mark... I felt giving up Patton was perhaps a bit too much; but nevertheless, it will be quite a lineup.

Franchise, I hope you're as excited about WhatIf draft prep in the next few days as I am.

ThadisRad said...

Wait, I thought we were welcoming him to the Mitchell Report.