Sunday, April 27, 2008

Magic Number: 4...

The Mavs, Nuggets, and Rockets look like they'll be avoiding each other, along with everyone else, in the Second Round. But after a four-goal barrage in the third tonight by the Stars, we're now just four wins from a now-probable Dallas/Detroit showdown in the Western Conference Finals. It only makes sense, coming 10 years after their last playoff meeting, when the Wings won in six on their way to the Cup, but a legend was made on a Jamie Langenbrunner slap shot from the center line to win Game 5 in OT.
Franchise, will I see you in Dallas in a few weeks?

4 comments:

The Franchise said...

Well, let's put it this way: if the Stars host a mid-week game and you can get tickets, I'd say there's a pretty freakin' good chance...

Head Dude said...

If you're flying here, I'll assure you of tickets, and good ones!

Big Daddy said...

There's a really good Onion article/video today about the NHL.

NHL Star Called Up To Big Leagues To Play For NFL Team

"The Miami Dolphins have drafted NHL star Alexander Ovechkin, making his dream to play professional sports a reality."

Not that I speak ill of hockey, just thought I'd share.

The Franchise said...

Like I said, if the Stars host a mid-week game, I will head down your way.

However, I don't want to get ahead of myself. The Avs are pesky and the accursed Peter Forsberg is back. I don't feel comfortable yet.