Thursday, April 24, 2008

North Carolina - Not Just a Place for Wannabe Presidents

As the nation's eyes turn to the Tar Heel State, I would like to turn your attention to the heated race for governor. At first, the choice was pretty clear -- Republican Fred Smith. As this amazing political song reveals, he's from North Carolina, the place where he was raised. I mean, even the trees whisper his name.


You would think that would clinch the election, no? Wrong! Democrat Bev Purdue upped the ante by getting an endorsement from the one man older and more beloved than the trees -- TV's Matlock! Our state's most trusted TV sheriff's endorsement (and earnest enthusiasm) speaks for itself, and I think pretty much puts the nail on poor Fred's coffin.

Unfortunately, I can't get the video to embed, but I think it's worth clicking here.

1 comment:

Head Dude said...

You always know how to put it best, Undude!