Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Franchise Checks in From Big D

The mood here in Dallas is one of tense apprehension as the Stars attempt not to be swept.

Actually, I have no idea what the mood is, as I am checking in from the 44th floor of an office building that is home to Head Dude's law firm, [firm name deleted for anonymity reasons]. I have a nice set-up in one of the records rooms, complete with internet connection and a comfortable chair. Those who know me well can rest assured that I have not spent much time over on the other side of the office enjoying the view.

I realized with no small amount of pleasure as I packed this morning that the newest item of Red Wings gear I have to wear to tonight's game is a Pavel Datsyuk t-shirt, a.k.a. the man who torched the Stars for a hat trick in Game 3. Be sure to watch tonight (if you're one of the 100 or so people who get Versus) to see if The Franchise and Head Dude are taunting each other after goals. I've been assured that we have primo seats about 12 rows off the ice...

1 comment:

The Dude said...

why would you want to enjoy the view when the Mike Squires world is about to kick off the Winter Meetings?