Friday, March 20, 2009

Special Olympics?

Eh, something tells me the President won't be going back on the late-night circuit too soon. The Duke game nicely ended just before Obama came on stage, and while I frankly missed the Special Olympics crack at the end while flipping back to see Eric Maynor miss a last-second shot two years too late, I get the feeling Republicans and others will be lining up to criticize today. And, let's face it, the guy was otherwise great for 40 minutes but it was an assinine remark.

2 comments:

The Ricky Time Guy said...

Indeed, having a sister who competed in the local and regional Special Olympics it was an Un-Obama like comment. But yeah I'm sure it'll get major play by the Coulters and Limbaughs of the world

I too thought about the missed shot being too years too late.

The Dude said...

Obama apologized, as he should. It was a shameful remark and very uncharacteristic.